Terms & Conditions
1. EQUIPMENT RENTAL: You (the “Client”) agree to rent the equipment ordered from Utah Box Rental which includes our Boxes, Dolly/Hand Trucks, not including packing materials, which is on a purchase basis and includes our Box Moving Labels, Zip Ties, Stretch Wrap, and Furniture/Mattress Covers. The rental period and related charges will begin on the date the equipment is delivered to Client by Utah Box Rental and will end on the Client’s requested pickup date.
2. RENTAL PAYMENT: Client will pay Utah Box Rental rent for equipment for the dates and amount stated in the emailed Invoice, adjusted for the actual rental period.
3. PAYMENT TERMS: To complete an order, payment will be made on the Utah Box Rental website during the checkout process. Initial payment is for a rental period of our equipment for 1,2,3 or 4 weeks. The rental period ends on the date the equipment is returned. If Client requests a pickup or returns equipment on a day past the initial 1,2,3,or 4 week package he/she will be charged the “Each Additional Day” rate for the package selected for each day past the end of the 1,2,3,or 4 week package that was purchased. Client may choose to sign up for a new 1,2,3 or 4 week rental package prior to the end of a of the current 1,2,3,or 4 week rental package. If a client fails to purchase a new weekly rental package prior to the end of an existing rental package the client will be charged the “Each Additional Day” rate shown on the “Box Pricing” page of the website until the end of the rental period or until the client purchases a new 1,2,3,or 4 week rental package. In no case will a 1,2,3,or 4 week rental packages be applied to dates in the past after the end of an existing rental package. Rental packages can only be applied on the current date or going forward basis.
4. CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: The client acknowledges that their credit card will be kept on file for the duration of the rental agreement. The client acknowledges and authorizes Utah Box Rental to charge any amount associated with the here-stated terms and conditions.
5. DELIVERY & PICKUP: The client acknowledges that he/she has sole responsibility to schedule and be present at appointments for delivery, pickup, or return of equipment to and from Utah Box Rental. If the Client does not give 24 hours notice to reschedule appointments there may be additional delivery or cancellation fees applied in the amount of $25.00. Delivery of boxes will includes drop off to: Ground floor lobby, curbside or first covered area. Any building with more than 3 entry steps is considered a stair charge. If you have a stair charge and would like us to deliver the boxes up to your apartment or bring the boxes down from your apartment at the time of pickup or delivery there is an additional charge of $29.95 for each flight of stairs. (A Flight of Stairs consist of 12 Steps). Additionally, Utah Box Rental does not perform partial pickups of equipment and therefore, ALL Utah Box Rental equipment must be available for pickup on the desired pickup date. If Utah Box Rental has to return for an additional pickup for rental equipment there will be a fee of $29.95 plus the pickup or delivery fee for each additional pickup.
6. RENTAL EXTENSION: The client acknowledges that he/she has sole responsibility to have the equipment returned by the agreed-upon date. If Client requests a pickup or returns equipment on a day past the initial 1,2,3,or 4 week package he/she will be charged the “Each additional Day” rate until the equipment is returned at a rate of: $5/day – Studio Package; $8/day – 1 Bedroom Package; $10/day – 2 Bedroom Package; $14/day – 3 Bedroom Package; $19 /day – 4 Bedroom Package; $25 /day – 4 Bedroom Package; $1.50/day – Dolly/ Hand Truck. Client may choose to sign up for a new 1,2,3 or 4 week rental package prior to the end of a of the current 1,2,3,or 4 week rental package. If a client fails to purchase a new weekly rental package prior to the end of an existing rental package the client will be charged the “Each Additional Day” rate until the end of the rental period or until the client purchases a new 1,2,3,or 4 week rental package. In no case will a 1,2,3,or 4 week rental packages be applied to dates in the past after the end of an existing rental package. Rental packages can only be applied on the current date or going forward basis. If the equipment has not been returned after 90 days and there has been no communication to extend the rental term, it is assumed that the Client wishes to purchase the equipment and will be charged the full retail value of the equipment, in addition to the cost of the total rental term, however long it shall be, at a rate of: Box - $29.99; Dolly/Hand Truck - $69.99. Rental extensions will be charged automatically to the Client’s credit card and are calculated based on the equipment pickup date and time.
7. REPLACEMENT COST: The cost to repair damaged equipment or the replacement cost for equipment not returned at the time of pickup or anytime thereafter will be charged to the Client. Any unpaid rent will also be charged to the Client. The replacement costs charged will be as follows: Box – $29.99, Dolly/Hand Truck– $69.99.
8. OWNERSHIP: Equipment are, and shall at all times remain, the sole and exclusive property of Utah Box Rental.
9. WARRANTY: Utah Box Rental guarantees that equipment are in good operating condition at the time of delivery and will replace at no charge otherwise, but not as a result of damage or mishandling. Utah Box Rental is not responsible for the methods or conditions of Equipment operation or for the results obtained.
10. OPERATION: The Client will use the equipment in a safe manner and at his/her own risk. The Client shall not hold Utah Box Rental responsible or liable from the Client’s use of the equipment. Utah Box Rental is not responsible for the results of any loss or damages caused by the Client’s move.
11. ALTERATION: No alteration to the equipment may be made without the prior written consent of Utah Box Rental. Proper care and maintenance of the equipment will be the responsibility of the Client. Equipment, which are returned in a condition requiring cleaning or repairs due to excessive wear and tear or mishandling, will be restored to rentable condition at the expense of the Client. Client will be charged full replacement cost if any equipment returned to us is deemed to be in a state that we can not continue to use.
12. ASSIGNMENT: Neither this agreement nor equipment may be assigned, transferred, or in any way encumbered by Client without the written consent of Utah Box Rental.
13. DEFAULT AND REMEDIES: Client shall be deemed to have breached this Agreement if the Client: a. Defaults in any payment for equipment ordered and/or additional weeks the equipment was rented for. b. Defaults in any of the terms herein and such default shall continue unremedied for three (3) days after written notice hereof to Client by Utah Box Rental or c. Becomes insolvent or files for bankruptcy.
14. TERMINATION: In the event of any default, Utah Box Rental will declare the entire amount of unpaid rental payments immediately due and payable, and Utah Box Rental can immediately terminate this agreement. All costs and expenses to recover equipment and/or rental fees, including court costs and legal fees incurred in the execution of this section, will be paid by Clients.
15. RISK OF LOSS: Upon delivery of the equipment at the Client’s location, or the pickup of the equipment from the Utah Box Rental location the Client will carefully inspect the equipment to determine whether they have been damaged. In the event of any such damage, the Client will inform the Utah Box Rental and a replacement will be provided. If the Client shall fail to notify Utah Box Rental of any damages on day of the receipt of the equipment, then the Client shall be deemed to have accepted the Equipment as being in acceptable operating condition. During the period of the Clients possession and control of the equipment, all risk of loss, destruction of, or damage to the equipment, from any cause whatsoever shall be borne by the Client.
16. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Indemnification. I agree to indemnify and hold you, your officers, agents, and employees harmless from and against all liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, losses, cost and expense, including attorneys; fees, for all injuries or death of any person or damage to any property occurring or arising from or connected with directly or indirectly, my possession, use and return of any of the Equipment. The Client shall be in charge of the Equipment’s operation and is fully responsible for its operation as well as the return of the Equipment in good working order. Utah Box Rental, and its officers, employees and agents is/are not responsible for injury occurring to the Client or to any other persons using the Equipment, and the Client further agrees to hold Utah Box Rental and its officers, employees and agents harmless against any injury or property claims. The Client shall indemnify Utah Box Rental, and its officers, employees and agents from/against any cost incurred due to claims from anyone and for attorney’s fees and related costs involving the use and return of the Equipment, should any legal action become necessary.
17. Items of Use: Industrial items or any other such items considered to potentially damaged & soil the boxes are not allowed to be placed inside our equipment under any circumstance.